Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Interviewing

I think of a job interview as the biggest face to face test of your life! Everything you do is going to be critiqued. You have to remain composure while answering questions, talk about stressful!
I am someone that becomes easily stressed. So, one of the articles that I read was How to Deal With Interview Stress. Surprisingly, I have heard many of the tips before. Though people have many ways of dealing with stress it usually boils down to the basic: be prepared, breath, and relax. It is nice to read that there is no secret potion or any amazing thing that must be done to prevent stress. The tips are pretty easy things to do, you just have to be able to remember them.
Another article that I read was How to Answer the Toughest Interview Questions. An insight that I gained from this article was to talk about your values. Once again, what a simple thing, if you have already thought about your values. You pretty much want to sound better than the hundreds of other people that have been interviewed. I think that everyone has a special characteristic, something that really does separate them from everyone else. The hard part is figuring out what that thing is. I can see why interviewers would ask you silly questions: "to see how you react under pressure and how well you handle the unexpected." The best thing you can really do it to be true. Answer honestly. I find it hard to lie, and make up some cool sounding answer. I am sure that interviews can tell the difference between honest and fake answers.
Reading these articles reminds me of how close I really am getting to the "Interviewing" portion of my life. It is kinda scary! I know that if I just take in everything that I can and remember to be prepared, breath, and relax, that I will be able to make it through my life's interviews.

No comments: