Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Cover letters

I found the articles to be very helpful! I love getting tips from people who seem like they have learned from their mistakes, then I am able to learn from them too.
I can agree with the advice given. I am not an expert so it all sounds great to me :)
I found the sample cover letter to be the most helpful. It is nice to see an example, though I am not going to use it verbatim.
When I write my cover letter I will have it proof read and looking perfect, as far as grammar goes. If I hadn't read this article I definitely would have spent more time getting my resumes proof read and would have not worried to much about the actual writing in my cover letter. I am finding out so much through the blogs for this class!
I found it interesting that one of the tutorials suggested that we add testimonials to our cover letter. It sounds like you are trying way hard to build yourself up, but I guess that is what one would have to do to be separated from the other "player[s] in the already very crowded entry level job market". (The Best Use of a Cover Letter)
I really had never heard of a cover letter accompanying a resume until this class. I am finding out that there are so many different pieces that have to be in place to make the perfect interviewee.

No comments: